Patient Access Specialist Certification Program
123 Contact Hours – Online – Self Paced
The Patient Access Specialist Certification Program is a 5-course bundle that provides you with the skills necessary to work in the Patient Access Services field. You will learn the basics of health insurance and health care reform, the importance of excellent customer service skills, medical billing and essential medical terminology. The course package can be completed online and fully prepares you to sit for the Certified Healthcare Admissions Association certification exam.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize best practices of customer service and the resolution of customer complaints or conflicts
- Understand the history and types of health insurance and managed care contracts available in the United States
- Describe the purpose and guidelines of diagnostic and procedural coding and identify the correct information needed to prepare and transmit accurate, complete health care claims
- Explain the rules for eligibility and claims processing for Medicare, Medicaid plans and the reimbursement process for Tricare, workers’ compensation, disability, and Blue Cross
- Build medical terminology related to body structures, functions and disorders
- Identify government and regulatory agency requirements applicable to the Patient Access Specialist position
- Explain the NAHAM (National Association of Healthcare Access Management) model and how it applies to the CHAA exam
Who should take this course?
This 123 contact-hour non-credit course bundle is most appropriate if you are new to the health care field and wish to work in a front-line registration position in a hospital setting.
Fully online course, fit in class times around your schedule. Lesson assessments to gauge comprehension and retention
Award-winning instructional design Intuitive, understandable material
Skills in demand in your area, now
Better job opportunities or workplace advancement
Let Bridges Academy be your partner in preparing for your future!