Introduction to HVAC Course
60 Contact Hours – Online – Self Paced
The Introduction to HVAC course introduces you to basic information essential to working in the HVAC profession. You will learn about the components of both residential and commercial refrigeration and heating systems, as well as the fundamentals of design, maintenance, and repair of these systems. The course can be completed online, and fully prepares you to sit for the EPA608 certification exam.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify workplace hazards
- Identify appropriate HVAC/R tools and equipment
- Describe HVAC/R electrical systems and components
- Identify types of residential and light commercial air-conditioning and heating systems
- Explain the importance of system design, sizing, and layout
- Explain installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting techniques
Who should take this course?
This 60 contact-hour non-credit course is most appropriate if you have not previously worked in the HVAC
field and are looking to learn the basics skills to become an HVAC Technician.
Fully online course, fit in class times around your schedule.
Lesson assessments to gauge comprehension and retention
Award-winning instructional design
Intuitive, understandable material
Skills in demand in your area, now
Better job opportunities or workplace advancement
Let Bridges Academy be your partner in preparing for your future!