Electronic Health Records and Clinical Software Course
16 Contact Hours – Online – Self Paced
The Overview of Electronic Health Records and Clinical Software course introduces you to the electronic health record (EHR). You will gain a thorough understanding of both the terminology of EHR systems and the practical use of such systems in a health care provider office setting. You will learn about problem lists, assessments, prescription/medication management, exam notes, and diagnostic orders and results. The course can be completed online.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Define EHR and identify the various information contained within an EHR
- Discuss the importance and benefits of using an EHR system
- Discuss patient portals and benefits
- Discuss how EHRs can be utilized for research
- List safeguards and levels of security for EHRs
- Identify health care legislation regarding EHRs
Who should take this course?
This 16 contact-hour non-credit course is appropriate whether you are new to health care or are an incumbent health care provider.
Fully online course, fit in class times around your schedule. Lesson assessments to gauge comprehension and retention
Award-winning instructional design Intuitive, understandable material
Skills in demand in your area, now
Better job opportunities or workplace advancement
Let Bridges Academy be your partner in preparing for your future!